Finding an infant seat that fits your interests and needs can be extremely difficult.
One thing I have learned about purchasing a car seat; it didn’t matter what the price is. They all have one job, and that is to keep our babies safe. However, I have come to find that extremely cheap seats may be from an overseas market. Many of those seats may not be made for U.S vehicle
There are multiple questions you ask yourself before purchasing your perfect car seat.
- Will the car seat fit in my vehicle?
- Always consider looking at the height and width of the car seat. This way, you know the seat sits appropriately and comfortably in the back seat.
- How long will a baby be able to use an infant seat?
- Many women often ask this question. If you look on the side or the handbook of the product, you will find a minimum and maximum weight and height capacity. Many infant car seats vary from 4 to 35 pounds, and height usually deflects.
- Will my child be safe in the infant seat I choose?
- Every seat has to be approved through consumer reports for any brand that can sell their product in the U.S. You’ll notice they will offer a report through FAA, which means they have to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213, this regulates car seats. Brands that are FAA approved will have offer a rollover test result, safety features, crash test rating, and so much more. You can generally find this in the buyer’s guide.
- Can I install the car seat myself?
- You’ll be given basic instruction in the manual if you are having difficultly installing the seat yourself. You can always go to your local fire or police department, and they will install the seat for you.
- Is it okay to purchase a used car seat?
- Of course! Just make sure you know the history of the car seat. If the car seat is not labeled, DO NOT BUY IT. I can’t stress this enough. You don’t know if this seat is approved, nor do you know the tear and wear on the seat. You genuinely do not want to risk it. Also, make sure the seat is not expired. If you can not find the date on the manufacture label you check the owners manual or contact the manufacture themselves.
Top 8 Infant Car Seats: Our Pick Will Surprise You
Infant Car Seat Toys
Does your little one get fussy while you’re on the road? These are some great toys you’ll just love.
Car Seat Protectors
Canopies & Covers
Rear Facing Mirrors
Take note all these item will help build your baby registry!
Butterbee’s Chatter participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program providing a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.com. Most product links lead directly to Amazon.com